16-83-MMS| November 28, 2016
BILOXI, Miss. – Organizers of the Celebrate the Gulf Marine Education Festival have announced that the deadline to enter the third annual poster contest is Jan. 13, 2017.
The contest is open to amateur and professional artists, and the original poster designs should depict the conservation, recreational or scenic qualities of Mississippi’s coastal resources.
The winning artist will receive $250 and 10 posters.
Celebrate the Gulf is put on by the Mississippi Department of Marine Resources and is held in conjunction with Art in the Pass. The festivals will be held Saturday, April 1, 2017.
• Art work must be camera ready.
• No entry fee is required.
• Only original art will be accepted.
• Artist must be 13 years of age or older to participate.
• No size restriction, but final print size will be approx. 16” X 20”.
• Each artist may submit up to four entries for consideration.
• Computer-generated art is not acceptable.
• Art work should depict Mississippi’s coastal resources.
• Employees of MDMR and their immediate family members are not eligible for the contest.
• The design must be suitable for poster reproduction and be in keeping with the family atmosphere of the festival.
• When submitted, the artwork must be sprayed with a fixative (if appropriate), covered with acetate or clear plastic wrap and be supported in front and back with corrugated or foam core board for protection.
• Entry deadline is 5 p.m. January 13, 2017.
• Each submission must be accompanied by a completed entry form, available at dmr.ms.gov or grandbaynerr.org.
• Entries and accompanying paperwork must be submitted to Dennis McGrury at the DMR, 1141 Bayview Avenue, Biloxi, MS 39530 or Grand Bay NERR, 6005 Bayou Heron Road, Moss Point, MS 39562.
• The decision of the judges is final.
• Winning artwork will be unveiled in February.
• The winning artist must attend the festival and sign the posters on April 1, 2017 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
• Winning art work will become the sole property of the DMR. The DMR also will retain the right to use the artists’ names in any present and/or future promotional or educational activities.
• The Department of Marine Resources reserves the right to cancel the contest at its discretion.
For more information about this competition, please contact Dennis McGrury at email@example.com or call him at (228) 475-7047.
The Mississippi Department of Marine Resources is dedicated to enhancing, protecting and conserving marine interests of the state by managing all marine life, public trust wetlands, adjacent uplands and waterfront areas to provide for the optimal commercial, recreational, educational and economic uses of these resources consistent with environmental concerns and social changes. Visit the DMR online at dmr.ms.gov.
[ Download PDF ]