19-18-CWS | March 26, 2019
BILOXI, Miss. – With the upcoming boating season, Marine Patrol will be doing their part to help boaters prepare by conducting courtesy boat and water safety inspections, as well as advising on safety equipment deficiencies. In an effort to reduce marine litter, officers will also help educate boaters on how to properly stow their trash, what is an acceptable trash receptacle for their vessel and that each vessel displays the Title 22 Part 10 signage regarding the illegal disposal of garbage.
Officers will be at the following locations from 8 a.m. until 12 p.m.:
- March 29 – Yazoo Point in Pascagoula and Gulfport Harbor
- April 6 – Ocean Springs Harbor and Long Beach Harbor
- April 13 – D’Iberville Marina and Washington Street Boat Ramp in Bay St. Louis
- April 20 – Lighthouse Park Boat Ramp in Pascagoula and Bayou Caddy Boat Ramp
- April 27 – Kuhn Street Boat Ramp in Biloxi and Henderson Point Boat Ramp
The Mississippi Department of Marine Resources is dedicated to enhancing, protecting and conserving marine interests of the state by managing all marine life, public trust wetlands, adjacent uplands and waterfront areas to provide for the optimal commercial, recreational, educational and economic uses of these resources consistent with environmental concerns and social changes. Visit the DMR online at dmr.ms.gov.
[ Download PDF ]