15-84-CWS | December 17, 2015
BILOXI, Miss. – The Mississippi Department of Marine Resources’ 2016 marine information calendars now are available at various locations along the Coast.
This year’s calendar features photographs of Mississippi coastal habitats and describes the offices and programs that MDMR administers to protect those coastal resources.
The free calendar also contains such information as tide data, sunrise and sunset times, moon phases, reef coordinates, size and possession limits for fish, boating safety requirements and Mississippi saltwater fishing records.
The calendars will be available at the following locations while supplies last. Calendars also will be distributed to Coast bait shops.
Bay St. Louis:
• The Sea Coast Echo, 124 Court St., 228-467-5473
• Hancock County Chamber of Commerce, 412 Hwy. 90, Suite 6, 228-467-9048
• Biloxi Bay Chamber of Commerce, 1050 Beach Blvd., 228-435-6149
• Biloxi-D’Iberville Press, 819 Jackson St., 228-435-0720
• Biloxi Visitors Center, 1050 Beach Blvd., 228-374-3105
• Department of Marine Resources, 1141 Bayview Ave., 228-374-5000
• Mississippi State University Coastal Research & Extension Center, 1815 Popp’s Ferry Road, 228-388-4710
• Hope Community Credit Union, 188 Porter Ave., 228-374-1554
• The Sun Herald, 205 DeBuys Rd., 228-896-2100
• Gulf Coast Community Federal Credit Union, 12364 Hwy. 49, 228-539-7029
• WXXV Fox 25, 14351 Hwy. 49, 228-832-2525
• Gulfport City Hall, 2309 15th St. 228-868-5700
• Grand Bay NERR, 6005 Bayou Heron Rd., 228-475-7047
• The Ocean Springs Record, 432 Porter Ave., 228-207-4709
• Ocean Springs Chamber of Commerce, 1000 Washington Ave., 228-875-0892
• Ocean Springs Gazette, 2016 Bienville Blvd., 228-875-1241
• Gulf States Marine Fisheries Commission, 2404 Government St., 228-875-5912
• Jackson County Chamber of Commerce, 720 Krebs Ave., 228-762-3391
• Wayne Lee’s Grocery Store, 1317 Telephone Road, 228-762-4101
• Pass Christian City Hall, 200 West Scenic Drive 228-452-3311
Photo courtesy Lucy Jacobson
This photo of Bayou Heron, part of the Grand Bay National Estuarine Research Reserve in southern Jackson County, is featured in MDMR’s 2016 marine information calendar.
The Mississippi Department of Marine Resources is dedicated to enhancing, protecting and conserving marine interests of the state by managing all marine life, public trust wetlands, adjacent uplands and waterfront areas to provide for the optimal commercial, recreational, educational and economic uses of these resources consistent with environmental concerns and social changes. Visit the DMR online at dmr.ms.gov.