Mississippi Department of Marine Resources (MDMR) is the point of contact in Mississippi for wetlands permits in the Mississippi Coastal Zone, which includes the counties of Hancock, Harrison and Jackson. Under a Memorandum of Agreement with the Mobile and Vicksburg districts of the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers (USACE), applications for wetland activities in the Mississippi Coastal Zone are to be submitted to MDMR on the Joint Application and Notification form. MDMR will then evaluate the permit application for completeness and forward copies to the appropriate agencies. For minor activities within the jurisdiction of MDMR, at or below the watermark of ordinary high tide, MDMR will issue the joint USACE permit. For major activities, those not covered by the General Permit Guidelines, a separate permit will be issued by MDMR and by the USACE. In any case, all applications should be submitted to MDMR on the Joint Application Form.
FORMS AND INFORMATION
The forms below require Adobe® Acrobat Reader. You can download this free software at adobe.com.
The following forms and information can be downloaded here to aid you in applying for a permit:
- General Permits
- The Joint Application and Notification form (may be filled out online, printed, signed and returned to MDMR)
- Sample Drawing
- Adjacent Property Owner Authorization (for construction, other than bulkheads, within 10 feet of their property)
- Agent Authorization (required when you want someone to act as your agent in obtaining a permit)
- Coastal Marina Screening Checklist
- Mississippi Coastal Program
- TITLE 22, PART 23 – Mississippi Coastal Program
When applying for a permit, please submit the completed application to our office with the following:
- A check made out to Mississippi Department of Marine Resources for the appropriate fees (described in the permit application on page 5);
- Clear and concise instructions to the project site, including a map;
- An accurate drawing of the proposed activity;
- An adjacent property owner authorization form when applicable; and
- An agent authorization form when applicable.
- Include your phone number(s) and sign the application on page 4.
For further information regarding the Wetlands Permitting Bureau, call 228-523-4106 or email.
PUBLIC NOTICE OF APPLICATION FOR COASTAL WETLANDS PERMIT AND WATER QUALITY CERTIFICATION Gulf LNG Liquefaction Company, LLC and Gulf LNG Energy, LLC have filed an
PUBLIC NOTICE OF APPLICATION FOR COASTAL WETLANDS PERMIT AND WATER QUALITY CERTIFICATION The Mississippi Department of Environmental Quality (MDEQ) has filed an application with the
PUBLIC NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARINGFOR COASTAL WETLANDS PERMITAND WATER QUALITY CERTIFICATION The Department of Marine Resources (DMR) will conduct a public hearing regarding the below-referenced