17-67-MMS | December 19, 2017
BILOXI, Miss. – The Mississippi Department of Marine Resources’ 2018 Marine Information Calendars now are available at locations along the Coast.
The agency held a photo contest earlier this year, and those chosen are featured each month, as well as on photo pages in the back of the calendar.
“The response to our photo contest was great for the second year in a row,” said Melissa Scallan, Public Affairs director for MDMR. “We have many talented photographers in South Mississippi, and we are proud to feature their pictures of life on the Coast.”
The winners of the photo contest are: Cover, Caroline Shaw; January, Laura Thompson; February, Brandi Fountain; March, Vernon Steele; April, Cindy Lamb; May, Darrin Stewart; June, Chris Markham; July, Jimmy Baker; August, Jane Anne Sawyer; September, Grace Schloegel; October, Tim Lawton; November, John Mitchell; December, Sandra Huynh.
This year’s calendar features the offices and programs that MDMR administers to protect those coastal resources. The free calendar also contains such information as tide data, sunrise and sunset times, moon phases, artificial reef coordinates, size and possession limits for fish, boating safety requirements and Mississippi saltwater fish records.
The calendars will be available at the following locations while supplies last. Calendars also will be distributed to Coast bait shops.
Bay St. Louis:
– The Sea Coast Echo, 124 Court St., 228-467-5473
– Hancock County Chamber of Commerce, 100 S. Beach Blvd Ste A, 228-467-9048
– Biloxi-D’Iberville Press, 819 Jackson St., 228-435-0720
– Biloxi Visitors Center, 1050 Beach Blvd., 228-374-3105
– Department of Marine Resources, 1141 Bayview Ave., 228-374-5000
– Mississippi State University Coastal Research & Extension Center, 1815 Popp’s Ferry Road, 228-388-4710
– Hope Community Credit Union, 188 Porter Ave., 228-374-1554
– Keesler Marina, KAFB, (Austin), 228-377-3160
– WLOX, 208 DeBuys Road, 228-896-1313
– The Sun Herald, 205 DeBuys Road., 228-896-2100
– Gulf Coast Community Federal Credit Union, 12364 Hwy. 49, 228-539-7029
– WXXV Fox 25, 14351 Hwy. 49, 228-832-2525
– Gulfport City Hall, 2309 15th St. 228-868-5700
– Long Beach City Hall, 201 Jeff Davis Ave., 228-863-1556
– Grand Bay NERR, 6005 Bayou Heron Rd., 228-475-7047
– Ocean Springs Chamber of Commerce, 1000 Washington Ave., 228-875-0892
– Ocean Springs Gazette, 2016 Bienville Blvd., 228-875-1241
– Gulf States Marine Fisheries Commission, 2404 Government St., 228-875-5912
– Jackson County Chamber of Commerce, 720 Krebs Ave., 228-762-3391
– Wayne Lee’s Grocery Store, 1317 Telephone Road, 228-762-4101
– Pass Christian City Hall, 200 West Scenic Drive 228-452-3311
The Mississippi Department of Marine Resources is dedicated to enhancing, protecting and conserving marine interests of the state by managing all marine life, public trust wetlands, adjacent uplands and waterfront areas to provide for the optimal commercial, recreational, educational and economic uses of these resources consistent with environmental concerns and social changes. Visit the DMR online at dmr.ms.gov. One thing which is definitely will attract a lot of people to the friv games – they are completely free. You don’t have to register on websites. You don’t need to create a special account on these websites just to play one game.