The Mississippi Department of Marine Resources (MDMR) does hereby give public notice that on June 15, 2021 at the regularly scheduled meeting of the Mississippi Advisory Commission on Marine Resources (MACMR), the Commission recommended approval of and the Executive Director approved a Notice of Intent to update, modify and change below listed sections of Title 22 Part 22. Said Notice of Intent was filed with the Mississippi Secretary of State’s office on June 16, 2021. A complete copy of Title 22 Part 22 and the proposed changes are available are available at www.dmr.ms.gov. Public comments on the proposed regulation changes will be accepted through July 13, 2021. All comments should be mailed to the MDMR, Attn: Crystal Matta, 1141 Bayview Avenue, Biloxi, MS 39530 or emailed to: Crystal Matta at email@example.com and delivered by 5:00 PM on July 13, 2021.
Complete description of proposed changes:
TITLE 22 – MISSISSIPPI DEPARTMENT OF MARINE RESOURCES, PART 22 GENERAL ADMINISTRATIVE RULES OF THE MISSISSIPPI ADVISORY COMMISSION ON MARINE RESOURCES
Part 22 was updated to reflect the following changes:
- Changed the Commission’s authority to advisory to the Executive Director based upon legislative changes to MS Code Ann §49-15-301.
- Added provision for educational meetings where no commission action is necessary.
- Deleted the four (4) hours advance notice of Called Special Meetings – conflicts with MS statute. MS statute will be followed.
- Changed to reflect that the Executive Director establishes the agenda for the public meetings.
- Clarified that public comments related to an agenda item will be taken up during discussion of that item and all other public comments will be heard during the Public Comments section of the meeting.
- Established the three (3) minute time frame for each individual to make public comments.
- Revised the Regulations section to reflect Commission’s advisory role.
- Removed the Petitions for Review section – that information is covered in Title 22, Part 15.
- Deleted the Policies and Directives section based upon the changes to the Commission’s role as advisory.
- Deleted the Changes to Commission Handbook section – changes will be processed as all other regulation changes.