20-82-CWS | December 22, 2020
BILOXI, Miss. – The Mississippi Department of Marine Resources’ 2021 Marine Information Calendars are now available at locations along the Coast.
The agency held a photo contest earlier this year, and those chosen are featured each month, as well as on photo pages in the calendar.
The winners of the photo contest are: Cover, B. Hammond; January, William Lee; February, Jeff Baldock; March, Tim Lawton; April, Diane Moore; May, Belinda Ryan; June, Mai Dang; July, Lydia Knott Jelinski; August, Tim Isbell; September, David Walker; October, Sylvia Anderson; November, Van Garrard; December, Bob Effinger.
This year’s calendar features the offices and programs that MDMR administers to protect those coastal resources. The free calendar also contains such information as tide data, sunrise and sunset times, moon phases, artificial reef coordinates, size and possession limits for fish, boating safety requirements and Mississippi saltwater fish records.
The calendars will be available at the following locations while supplies last. Calendars will also be available at Coast bait shops.
Bay St. Louis:
- The Sea Coast Echo, 124 Court St., 228-467-5473
- Hancock County Chamber of Commerce, 100 S. Beach Blvd Ste A, 228-467-9048
- Biloxi Visitors Center, 1050 Beach Blvd., 228-374-3105
- Mississippi Department of Marine Resources, 1141 Bayview Ave., 228-374-5000
- Mississippi State University Coastal Research & Extension Center, 1815 Popp’s Ferry Road, 228-388-4710
- Hope Community Credit Union, 188 Porter Ave., 228-374-1554
- Gautier City Hall, 3330 Hwy. 90, 228-497-8000
- Gulf Coast Community Federal Credit Union, 12364 Hwy. 49, 228-539-7029
- WXXV Fox 25, 14351 Hwy. 49, 228-832-2525
- Gulfport City Hall, 2309 15th St. 228-868-5700
- Long Beach City Hall, 201 Jeff Davis Ave., 228-863-1556
- Ocean Springs Chamber of Commerce, 1000 Washington Ave., 228-875-0892
- Gulf States Marine Fisheries Commission, 2404 Government St., 228-875-5912
- Ocean Springs Harbor, 1310 Harbor Rd., 228-872-5754
- Jackson County Chamber of Commerce, 720 Krebs Ave., 228-762-3391
- Wayne Lee’s Grocery Store, 1317 Telephone Road, 228-762-4101
- Pass Christian City Hall, 200 West Scenic Drive 228-452-3311
- Pass Christian Harbor Master’s Office, 115 Market St., 228-452-5128
The Mississippi Department of Marine Resources is dedicated to enhancing, protecting and conserving marine interests of the state by managing all marine life, public trust wetlands, adjacent uplands and waterfront areas to provide for the optimal commercial, recreational, educational and economic uses of these resources consistent with environmental concerns and social changes. Visit the DMR online at dmr.ms.gov.